A common procedure for hand sanitization is followed by mostly all. Squirting a portion of the product to the palms, rubbing it, and assuming that 99.9% of the germs getting killed. But this is a myth that needs to get broken. It’s true that when soap wash can’t be availed, it is this hand sanitizer that comes to our ultimate rescue, but its application requires a proper approach. This method of action determines the efficacy of the product.
While undergoing a very hectic schedule, kids, as well as adults, tend to rush through the sanitizer application. The methods are too frantic for the proper results to get achieved. Below are listed a few of the common mistakes that people make, to raise awareness:
- Squirting a considerable amount of the product on palms and clapping to spread and apply it.
- Pouring a little product on hand and allowing it to air dry without helping to spread it on the palms.
- Pouring a little product on hand and opting for a quick rub less than even 3 seconds.
To achieve maximum efficacy of the sanitizer, it needs to get rubbed legitimately. Rubbing liberates the friction that helps to evaporate the alcohol and loosen and kill the microbes. Alongside this, key mistakes must be avoided. An adequate amount of the hand sanitizer needs to get poured on. According to experts, the right quantity of usage is a dime-sized drop of the product. The application might be simple but it requires attention while doing so.
The Ideal Way to Apply
- Ensure your palms are free of organic dirt and grease. If present, try wiping your hands with a clean piece of cloth.
- Apply a pea-sized drop of your hand sanitizer on your palm.
- Start rubbing both the palms together, ensuring that all the surfaces of your hands are covered. This also includes rubbing the product against the fingertips and nails and between the fingers, all the way till the outer surface of your hands is covered.
- Rub the product between your palms for at least 30 seconds to allow the skin to completely absorb it and let the product dry.
- It is advisable to avoid touching food until hands are dry completely.
Applying hand sanitizers require very little time, you just need to do it the right way. And, with ÖVO Labs sanitizing gel, the worries of unhygienic hands are now gone.